Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring and updates

Looks like spring is definitely here...although in this part of the country, waiting for spring is not as "iffy" a prospect as it used to be in Northern WI.

Today is a wet, cold day, but the plants and trees still know that April's just around the corner. The forsythia is busting out in the backyard, and our daphne is stinking (in a good way) up the whole front yard.




The pear tree and the cherry tree have tons of blossoms just ready to bloom. In another couple of weeks, everything will be completely gorgeous. My drive to work, my walks with Boca, even crossing the yard to get into the car every morning will be amazing.
Nothing wrong with that.
Spring also means that I'm busy at work--hence the lack of recent blog posts. Apparently, whatever brain-energy I have for updating the blog is also used for my job. That's fairly unfortunate, but it won't last forever. And these days, having a job is something to be grateful for (although, given a choice, I still prefer being grateful for lilac bushes.)
DOGS: I've started teaching the new dog class for our Flyball club. It's a good group, and so far, I'm enjoying it. I also have to miss the first Flyball tournament in months because of my JOB. Not bitter...no, not me. Not bitter at all. Fine with it. No problem.
FOOD: Sad to say, I've been eating everything in sight. That ends up being the last bargain I can make with myself, to coax myself to do the work that I get paid to do. But that won't last forever...it's already getting old.
DIRT: I managed to prune the rose bushes out front, and I've made plans for a green chili patch in the backyard (the small area still fenced off from the dogs).

No comments: